Director, Nursing & Allied Health Research & Knowledge Translation Adjunct Professor, University of British Columbia - Okanagan
Andrea graduated with a BSN from UBC-Okanagan in 2006. Andrea joined BC Cancer in 2009 as a nurse in the Radiation Therapy program in Kelowna, quickly moving into a provincial role with Professional Practice Nursing. Andrea completed specialty oncology training through the Cross Cancer Institute in 2010 and acheived national certification in oncology nursing in 2011. Andrea completed her Master of Science in Nursing program at UBC-O in 2019 and received the Bryce Carnine Memorial Award for her graduate work in outpatient nursing role optimization in oncology. Andrea holds provincial and national leadership positions with the Canadian Association of Nurses in Oncology (CANO) as a board member and president of the BC CANO Chapter.
Academic and Research Interests
- Nursing practice, research & knowledge translation
- Nursing Informatics
- Oncology nursing role and models of care
- Knox, A. (2019). Informatics in Nursing Leadership: Leading in the Age of Technology. Canadian Journal of Nursing Informatics, 14(1). http://tinyurl.com/y4o6kgpz
- Knox, A. (2019). Informatics in Nursing Education: What Do We Do Next? Canadian Journal of Nursing Informatics, 14(4). http://tinyurl.com/vkwujwz
- Haase, K., Anderson, J., Knox, A., Skrutkowski, M., Snow, B., Moody, L., Pool, Z., Vimy, K., & Watson, L. (2020). Development of a national position statement on cancer patient navigation in Canada. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal / Revue Canadienne De Soins Infirmiers En Oncologie, 30(2), 73-82. Retrieved from http://www.canadianoncologynursingjournal.com/index.php/conj/article/vie...
- Knox, A. (2020). Ambulatory care unit role optimization for the specialized oncology nurse. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal / Revue Canadienne De Soins Infirmiers En Oncologie, 30(3), 159-168. Retrieved from http://www.canadianoncologynursingjournal.com/index.php/conj/article/vie...
Contact Information and Social Media